Feeling like your bookkeeping business hasn't reached its full potential?
You're in the right place.
ENROLLMENT CLOSES SOON!
In Just Four Weeks, You Could Be...
- Identifying meaningful KPIs with ease
- Effectively presenting financials to clients
- Confident in your role as a controller or CFO
You have what it takes! Now take the next step towards elevating your expertise.SIGN ME UP
Want a Taste of Serena's Style?
👇 WATCH THE MASTERCLASS REPLAY HERE FOR A LIMITED TIME! 👇
How to Package & Sell Advisory Services
Learn the strategies Serena uses to package & sell advisory services to clients.
Ready to start building the skills to offer this to your clients?
Sign up for the October Cohort of Elevate with Serena Shoup, CPAI'M READY TO ELEVATE!
Here's What We'll Cover...
Analyzing Financial Statements 🔍
In this lesson, we'll unpack the first step of becoming an advisor: Analyzing Financials. My goal for you is to feel confident in your data without having to do it yourself. We'll discuss:
- How to review your team's work (aka the bookkeeping)
- BONUS RESOURCE: Balance Sheet Cheat Sheet
- BONUS RESOURCE: Monthly Accounting Template Checklist (Asana)
Cash Flow Forecasting 💸
In this lesson, we'll dive into cash flows. My goal for you is to be ready to start practicing this process on your own clients. We'll discuss:
- Key reports to consider & how to understand them
- Indirect vs. direct statements of cash flows
- How to create a cash flow forecast with your client
- BONUS RESOURCE: KPI Guide
Client Meetings & Financial Overviews 📋
In this lesson, we'll dig deeper into the second step of becoming an advisor: interacting with clients. My goal for you is to get more comfortable explaining reports. We'll discuss:
- How to create a consistent structure for meetings
- KPIs you'll want to show every client
- How to do a 5-minute financial overview (in either a meeting or a video)
- BONUS RESOURCE: 5 Minute Financials Scripts (QBO & Xero)
- BONUS RESOURCE: The Monthly Financial Summary Email Template
Budgeting & Forecasting 📈
In this lesson, we'll uncover how to help your clients grow their business. My goal for you is to feel confident guiding your clients into building better habits & making better decisions based on their numbers. We'll discuss:
- How to pose questions to get your clients thinking about how they can improve
- How to set up an annual budget
- How to set up quarterly forecasting engagement
- BONUS RESOURCE: Cashflow Template (GSheet/Excel)
- BONUS RESOURCE: Budgeting & Forecasting Process
Here's How It Works...
Prep Your Client File
Before we begin workshopping, you will choose one client file that you know well. The file you choose should have at least 6 months of complete bookkeeping & clean data. You'll want to make sure you understand the client's industry fairly well.
Attend the Workshops
Over the course of four weeks, you will join Serena for a weekly, 2-hour live workshop via Zoom. During each workshop, Serena will teach a lesson & workshop on a demo client while you follow along with your own client file. You'll be free to ask questions at anytime and Serena will be happy to provide instant feedback. Even better, you'll have access to a group Voxer channel for additional support in between calls.
Apply Your New Skills
Once we wrap up the live workshops, it'll be your time to shine! You'll come out of Elevate feeling excited & empowered to help your clients. Better yet, you will have access to the workshop replays for life so that you can continue elevating your advisory skills.
Here's What You'll Get...
- Four live lessons with lifetime access to the replays
- Downloadable resources and scripts
- Group Voxer for the duration of the course
- BONUS Masterclass: How to Package + Sell Advisory Services
- Five BONUS Workshops, featuring special guests Lauren Caselli & Liz Barhydt
I'm Serena Shoup, CPA
I help experienced and aspiring accountants start and grow their own virtual bookkeeping businesses so they can create their ideal life.
Over the past few years of running my own virtual accounting firm, I've noticed there is an abundance of small businesses that need help from qualified bookkeepers and accountants. So, I started mentoring others who had the desire to help these businesses.
What makes me qualified to teach this? I was a controller in a hybrid finance role in corporate and I want to share what I know with you so you can support your clients better. I also practice what I teach inside my firm, so I know it works and clients value it.
Here's What People Are Saying About Elevate...
"I also wanted to take a moment to sincerely thank Serena and her team. You have truly been instrumental in making an amazing group and teaching us some amazing values to help better support our clients, and for that I am forever grateful. So, thank you very much for your hard work and effort in putting together this amazing training. "
"I've gained so much knowledge from this course and I already feel more confident to offer these high level services in the future!"